Below is just a selection of some of the scariest tours in town.
Gettysburg Ghost Tours, 47 Steinwehr Ave.
* The Black Cat Tour - takes guests along Gettysburg's alleyways by candlelight to the Lincoln Cemetery, the Farnsworth House, Ziegler's Grove, the Haunted Creek Bed, the Rupp House Museum, the Dobbin House, the Jenny Wade House, the Orphanage and the Victorian Photo Studio.
* The Battle Cry Tour - runs through the battlefields, cemeteries and the Reynold's Death House.
* The Scare of the Square tour - includes stops such as the Wills House, the James Getty Hotel, the Globe Tavern, the Gettysburg Hotel, the German Reform Church, the Old Main School Building, Seminary Ridge and the town square.
Tours are $8 per person, $5 for children under 12 years old. Reservations recommended. To make reservations visit the website at gettysburgghosttours.com or call 717-338-1818.
Ghosts of Gettysburg, 271 Baltimore St.
* Baltimore Street Tour - runs down Baltimore Street past the county courthouse, lasts one hour and 15 minutes. Tickets are $9.50 for person, children under 7 are free.
* Carlisle Street Tour - runs along Carlisle Street and through the Gettysburg College campus, lasts one hour and 50 minutes.
* Bus Tour - travels throughout Gettysburg from the Lutheran Theological Seminary to the battlefield, lasts one hour and 30 minutes. Reservations are required. Tour costs $18 per person, $16 for children 5 to 10, children under 5 are not permitted.
* Steinwehr Avenue Tour - begins at the Reliance Mine Saloon and travels through the Gettysburg National Cemetery, lasts one hour and 15 minutes.
Reservations are recommended but not required. To make reservations visit, ghostsofgettysburg.com or call 717-337-0445.
Sleepy Hollow of Gettysburg
* Towne Tour - travels around historic downtown Gettysburg and off the beaten path. Departs nightly at 8:30 p.m. from the Dobbin House, lasts about 90 minutes. Tickets are $8 per person, children 7 and under are free.
* Ghost Hunt - a paranormal investigator guides guests through downtown Gettysburg, using dowsing rods, a pendulum, and an EVP recorder to find ghosts. Departs Thursday through Sunday nights at 9:30 p.m. from the Dobbin House. Tickets are $15 per person, not recommended for children 7 and under.
* High Street Tour - travels through High Street past St. Francis Xavier Church and the Presbyterian Church. Departs Thursday through Sunday nights at 8 p.m. from 312 Baltimore St. Tickets are $8 per person, children 7 and under are free.
For reservations, call 717-337-9322
Miss Betty's Ghost Tours in Gettysburg
Haunted Field Hospital Tour - 2 hour driving tour, travels through Sachs Bridge and the Baladerry Inn.
Tickets are $20 per person, not recommended for children under 6 years old.
Reservations must be made at missbettysghostsingettysburg.com
Historic Farnsworth House, 401 Baltimore St.
* East Cemetery Hill Walk - walks toward the Jenny Wade House and along East Cemetery Hill to Zeigler's Grove. Begins nightly at 8 and 9:30 p.m. and lasts for 90 minutes. Tickets are $9 per person, children 7 and under and free.
* Confederate Hospital Ghost Walk - travels along Baltimore Street past former Confederate field hospitals and ends in the attic of the Farnsworth House, used as a garrison for Confederate sharpshooters during the Battle of Gettysburg. Begins nightly at 8:15 p.m. Tickets are $9 per person, children 7 and under are free.
*Mature Tour - Starts in the cellar of the Farnsworth House and then heads to Zeigler's Grove. Begins at 11 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays only. Tickets are $11 per person.
For more Halloween events and activities, visit the Halloween FlipSide blog section.