When friends, family and out-of-town holiday guests arrive for Turkey Day, your home -- and kitchen -- might feel a bit cramped. Instead of entertaining at home, take your guests out for Thanksgiving. Or, instead of spending hours slaving over the stove, opt for takeout. And no need to entertain before or after guests gather around the table -- there are plenty of bar happenings and concerts to keep them occupied. For more events, check out the community calendar at FlipSidePa.com.
Celebrate the holiday in a historic setting on the Susquehanna River at The Accomac Inn, 6330 South River Drive, Hellam Township. The fine-dining restaurant is taking reservations for Thanksgiving. Call 717-252-1521 or visit www.accomacinn.com. Space is limited.
Roosevelt Tavern, 50 N. Penn St., York, is also accepting Thanksgiving reservations. The eatery will be open noon to 6 p.m. and will offer menu options like butternut squash soup, roast turkey and hickory roasted ham. For details and reservations call 717-854-7725 or visit www.roosevelttavern.com.
Thanksgiving take-out menu
Stressed out this season? John Wright Restaurant will prepare your Thanksgiving meal. Dinners include roast turkey, gravy and several sides, plus a pumpkin pie. Cost is $75 for a four-person meal and $120 for an eight-person meal. Additional portions are $6 per pint for sides and $6 per pound of turkey. Bourbon pecan, apple and pumpkin pies are available for $12 per pie. Orders must be places by Saturday, Nov. 23. Pick-up is between 4 and 6 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 27. For details and to place an order, call 717-252-0416 or visit www.johnwrightrestaurant.com.
Dig in early. The table will be set 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 28, at Heritage Hills Golf Resort, 2700 Mount Rose Ave., York Township. Seating is in the Windows Ballroom at Ironwoods Restaurant. The brunch features an omelette station and waffle station, plus a carving station with turkey and all the sides. Cost is $28.95 for adults, with discounts for children. For details and to make reservations, call 717-755-0123, ext. 660, or visit www.heritagehillsresort.com.
• Spend Thanksgiving Eve with Quagmire Swim Team in the Abbey Bar at Appalachian Brewing Co., 50 N. Cameron St., Harrisburg. Doors open at 8 p.m., and the music starts at 9 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 27. Tickets are $7.
• Investigate the mystery beer tub at Maewyn's Irish Pub & Restaurant, 110 N. George St., York. Pay $2 to reach into a covered tub and see what brew you pick up. The bar will have another drink specials and a deejay will spin dance tunes starting 10 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 27. No cover.
• It's a Black Friday tradition in York: WXPN-FM welcomes Hoots & Hellmouth to the stage at the Capitol Theatre, 50 N. George St., York. The music starts at 8 p.m. Friday, Nov. 29, with a set from The Stray Birds. Tickets cost $16.
• Stimulate your audio and visual senses at a free Aortic Valve concert Friday, Nov. 29, at The Depot, 360 W. Cottage Place, York. Doors for the 21-and-older event open at 8 p.m. The show starts at 9.
• Sky Premier Upscale Nightlife presents a holiday after-party with Philly Freeway Friday, Nov, 29, at The Belmont, 36 W. 11th Ave., North York. DJ Smash and DJ Exel will spin. Doors open at 10 p.m. A dress-to-impress code will be enforced. Tickets are $15 in advance and $20 at the door. BYOB.
• Feel the heat when The Men of the Strip take the stage 8 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 30, at the Chameleon Club, 223 N. Water St., Lancaster. Jeff Timmons of 98 Degrees headlines the musical male revue. Tickets cost $15 to $20 for the 21-and-older event.