Downtown York restaurants are celebrating some new holidays this year.
Following a successful Restaurant Week in February, the York City Independent Restaurant Association will now recognize select national food days throughout the year, starting with National Grilled Cheese Day April 12.
Fifteen restaurants will participate in the event by offering their own take on the grilled cheese sandwich, ranging from traditional to unique, organizer Meagan Feeser said.
"While some of our restaurants already have grilled cheese on their menu, many will be adding it just for this special day," she said.
Here's a look at the grilled cheese offerings from participating restaurants.
Bair’s Chicken (34 W. Philadelphia St.)
- Country fried grilled cheese, creamy tomato soup and Dutch potato wedges – $4.95
Baron Von Schwein (35 W. Market St.)
- Brisket Grilled Cheese: Brisket, onion, York Valley extra sharp cheddar, American, Monterey Jack on sourdough – $7
The Busy Bee (34 W. Philadelphia St.)
- Bacon, avocado, fried egg and aged New York cheddar on organic wheat – $7
Central Family Restaurant (400 N. George St.)
- The Classic: American cheese on white bread, served with tomato soup – $3.99
- Crab Melt: Crab cake and provolone cheese, served open face on an English muffin with fries – $11.99
- BLT Grilled Cheese: Bacon, lettuce, tomato and cheese, served with fries – $6.50
- Turkey Melt: Sliced turkey, tomato, fried onions and provolone cheese on rye, served with fries – $7.99
The Copper Crust (34 W. Philadelphia St.)
- Cooper’s American cheese with barbecue Hamburg hand pie – $6.99
Holy Hound Taproom (57 W. Market St.)
- Southern Charm: Pimento cheese, bacon and fig jam – $8
- Love Child: Beef patty topped with red onion jam and cheddar cheese, grilled on multigrain – $10
- The Plain Jane: Classic grilled cheddar cheese – $6
The Left Bank (120 N. George St.)
- Crab, bacon and cheddar grilled cheese on brioche with tomato fondue dipper – $13
Mudhook Brewing Co. (34 N. Cherry Lane)
- Gouda on rye, served with chips – $4.99
Otto’s Kitchen & Cocktails (19 N. George St.)
- Melty Danish bleu cheese, white cheddar, caramelized onions, spinach and brown sugar bacon on a French baguette, served with chips and a pickle – $10
Pepper’s Grille (34 W. Philadelphia St.)
- Bourbon Bacon Jam Grilled Cheese: American, cheddar and provolone on grilled Italian, topped off with a homemade bourbon bacon jam and served with chips – $5
Roburrito’s (34 W. Philadelphia St.)
- Cheese Quesadilla: Folded and grilled tortilla, stuffed with cheese
Roosevelt Tavern (50 N. Penn St.)
- Egg-battered grilled cheese with Groff’s hardwood smoked bacon, smoked Gouda, Gruyere and American cheeses, port wine onions and raspberry preserves, served with garlic Parmesan chips and horseradish pickles – $8
Tutoni’s (108 N. George St.)
- Truffle Grilled Cheese: House-made focaccia, truffle cheese, speck and peppernada – $10
White Rose Bar & Grill (48 N. Beaver St.)
- The Old School: Texas toast grilled with American, provolone and Swiss cheeses, served with chips and a cup of tomato basil soup – $5
York City Pretzel Company (39 W. Market St.)
- Gruyere, apple and prosciutto pretzel bread grilled cheese slider – $3 or two for $5
- Tomato-onion jam and pepper Jack pretzel bread grilled cheese slider – $3 or two for $5