Try a Doritos-stuffed burger for York Burger Week
First grilled cheese, then tacos, now burgers.
The York City Independent Restaurant Association – which also organizes Restaurant Week York – is celebrating national food holidays throughout the year.
Next up is National Burger Month, which participating downtown York restaurants will celebrate with York City Burger Week May 22-28.
During that time-frame, customers can enjoy off-menu burgers, Burger Week-only exclusives and burger specials, ranging from traditional to – well – unusual.
If you've ever wanted to try a burger stuffed with crushed Doritos or served on a glazed doughnut bun, now's your chance.
Here's a look at the menus from participating restaurants. Check back for updates.
And Everything Beyond Bakery & Gift Shop (34 W. Philadelphia St.)
- Burger Cupcake: Yellow cake with buttercream frosting – $2.50
Bair's Chicken (34 W. Philadelphia St.)
- Bair's Bourbon Burger: 4 oz. seasoned ground chicken patty, deep fried and topped with a blend of pepper jack and American cheeses, onion straws and a bourbon glaze. Served on a Martin's potato roll with a side of Dutch potatoes. – $6.95
Baron Von Schwein (35 W. Market St.)
- SmashMac Burger: Double-decker fresh-ground smash burger, lettuce, minced onion, dill pickles, house-made Russian dressing and American cheese on a Martin's potato roll. Served with seasoned tater tots. (Only 20 available per day) – $9.50
The Busy Bee (34 W. Philadelphia St.)
- Elk Chili Burger: Topped with New York aged cheddar and bacon – $8.50
Central Family Restaurant (400 N. George St.)
- A York County Tradition: Burger in sauce with thin-sliced onion. Served with French fries – $6.25
Holy Hound Taproom (57 W. Market St.)
- Buy the Farm: Two 6 oz. patties, cheddar, bacon and pulled pork barbecue, topped with a fried egg and served on ciabatta.
Johnny's Burgers & Malts (111 E. Princess St.)
- Sunny-Side Up Burger: 7 oz. hand-pressed burger, stuffed with hash browns, bacon crumbles and American cheese with a dippy egg on top. Served with chips and a pickle – $5.99
- Roth-Lis-Burger: 7 oz. hand-pressed burger stuffed with cheddar cheese and topped with French fries, bacon strips, coleslaw and melted cheddar cheese. Served with chips and a pickle – $5.99
- Tortilla Burger: 7 oz. hand-pressed burger stuffed with crushed Doritos and topped with more Doritos, sour cream, salsa and shredded cheese. Served with chips and a pickle – $6.99
J.R.'s Fries (34 W. Philadelphia St.)
- The J.R.'s Burger: 1/3 pound burger topped with jalapenos, melted cheddar cheese and fresh-cut French fries – $5.50
The Left Bank Restaurant & Bar (120 N. George St.)
- Wall Street Burger: Local beef, foie gras, cheddar, mushrooms, truffle aioli, arugula on a ciabatta roll – $19
Mezzogiorno (34 W. Philadelphia St.)
- Mediterranean Monster Burger: A three-layer 3/4 pound burger skewered with a roasted jalapeno and served with a knife and fork and a side of Mezzo Magic Chips – $14.95
Mudhook Brewing Co. (34 N. Cherry Lane)
- New Mexico Burger: Your choice of a 1/2 pound or 1/3 pound burger topped with a spicy Salsa Verde, melted Monterey Jack cheese and tortilla strips, served on brioche with a side of fries – $8.99 for 1/2 pound, $6.99 for 1/3 pound
- Stir-Fry Burger: Your choice of a 1/2 pound or 1/3 pound burger topped with Pad Thai noodles and a stir-fry vegetable medley or broccoli, snap peas, water chestnuts, mushrooms and carrots in a teriyaki sauce. Served on a brioche roll with a side of fries – $8.99 for 1/2 pound, $6.99 for 1/3 pound
Otto's Kitchen & Cocktails (19 N. George St.)
- Old Crow's Revenge Burger: Old Grumpy Mark's Old Crow's Revenge BBQ hot sauce, jalapeno cream cheese spread, house-made onion rings and bacon piled on an onion roll – $14
Pepper's Grille (34 W. Philadelphia St.)
- Glazed Pepper Burger: Seasoned burger topped with melted cheese and crispy bacon, served in between a fresh-baked glazed doughnut from Glazin' – $7.95
Roosevelt Tavern (50 N. Penn St.)
- The Burger 1: 9 oz. SkyBlu Farms dry-aged beef burger, fried macaroni and cheese, pulled pork, smoked bacon and cheddar on a toasted brioche bun – $14
- The Burger 2: 9 oz. SkyBlu Farms dry-aged beef burger between two grilled cheese sandwiches with bacon and balsamic onions – $14
White Rose Bar & Grill (48 N. Beaver St.)
- Wu-Burger: 1/2 pound Wagyu beef burger flamed-broiled and mounted with applewood smoked thick-cut bacon and melted bleu cheese, sandwiched between foie gras butter toasted brioche. Served with a quick-tossed strawberry balsamic baby greens salad – $14.
CORRECTION: An earlier version of this article called an item from Johnny's Burgers & Malts a Doritos Burger. The item is listed on the menu as a Tortilla Burger. FlipSidePA regrets the error.