If you thought York City Burger Week was fun, wait 'til you hear the concept for the York Independent Restaurant Association's latest food week.
From Aug. 8-13, participating downtown restaurants will be cooking up their best crabby meals for the first-ever York City Crab Week.
The idea is part of the York City Independent Restaurant Association's initiative to celebrate national food days throughout the year. So far, York has celebrated National Grilled Cheese Day, Cinco de Mayo and National Burger Month.
While National Crab Meat Day isn't until March 9, there's no better time to celebrate with a crab feast than the end of summer.
During York City Crab Week, the public will have the chance to enjoy off-menu crab dishes, Crab Week-only exclusives and crab specials at participating restaurants throughout the week.
Here's a look at the menus from participating restaurants.
Visit www.rwyork.com/crabweek for more information and menu updates.And join the conversation on social media by using the hashtag #yorksgotcrabs.
Bair's Fried Chicken (34 W. Philadelphia St.)
- Crab Hush Puppies: Bair's spin on the traditional hush puppy with a crabby chicken twist, served with a lemon dill dipping sauce or Old Bayonnaise – three for $4 or five for $6
Baron Von Schwein (35 W. Market St.)
- Steamed Crab Bun – TBD
- Crab Mac & Cheese – TBD
York Blue Moon (361 W. Market St.)
- Margherita Crab Quesadilla with Basil Pesto – $12
- Watermelon, Mango and Crab Salad: Fresh greens, mango puree, watermelon and mango slices, pickled watermelon rind, chili salt, creme fraiche and saba – $20
The Busy Bee (34 W. Philadelphia St.)
- "Double Down" Soft Shell Sammie – market rate
Central Family Restaurant (400 N. George St.)
- Crab Benedict – $13.99
- Soft Shell Crab Sandwich and fries – $12.99
Central Family Restaurant will also serve the following items from its regular menu: Crab Dip, Claw Crabcakes, Backfin Crabcakes and Crab Soup
The Copper Crust Company (34 W. Philadelphia St.)
- Crab Bene: Topped with bacon béarnaise sauce on a cheddar Old Bay biscuit – TBD
Holy Hound Taproom (57 W. Market St.)
- Crab Dip: Served with York City Pretzel Company pretzels – TBD
- Save the Bay Burger – TBD
- Soft-Shell Crab Sandwich – TBD
J.R.'s Fries (34 W. Philadelphia St.)
- Crab Divine: Crab cake surrounded by seven jumbo fried shrimp, served with fresh-cut fries and a drink – $11
The Left Bank Restaurant & Bar (120 N. George St.)
- Soft Shell Crab Sandwich (lunch) – market rate
- Soft Shell Crab Entree (dinner) – market rate
Mudhook Brewing Co. (34 N. Cherry Lane)
- Steamed pick-your-own blue crabs – market rate (pre-order by calling 717-747-3605)
Offcenter Grill at Yorktowne Hotel (48 E. Market St.)
- The Bay Burger: 8 oz. Black Angus Burger topped with a Yorktowne jumbo lump crab cake, lemon caper aioli, lettuce and tomato – $12
Otto's Kitchen & Cocktails (19 N. George St.)
- Creamy Crab Soup (lunch) – TBD
- Crab Cake Sandwich – $14
- Jumbo Lump Crab Jambalaya: Creole spiced rice, Andouille sausage, shrimp, braised chicken – $19
Rockfish Public House (110 N. George St.)
- Soft Shell Crab Tempura Wrap: Served with julienne cucumbers and carrots, sriracha mayo, a yuzu, soy, sesame, ginger dipping sauce and house-made chips – $12.95
Roosevelt Tavern (50 N. Penn St.)
- Jumbo Lump Crab Beignets: Served with roasted red pepper and chive aioli – $10
- Crab Cake PST Sandwich: Crab cake sandwich with pancetta, spinach and tomato – $15
Tutoni's (108 N. George St.)
- Fried Soft Shell Crab: Served with spicy house-made remoulade, arugula, brogue tomato and pickled red onion on a toasted York City Pretzel Company pretzel roll – $14
White Rose Bar and Grill (48 N. Beaver St.)
- Crab mac and cheese skillet – $12.95
- Crab mac and cheese grilled cheese with chips – $7.95
York City Pretzel Company (39 W. Market St.)
- Chesapeake Bay Crab Roll: A lightly dressed crab salad on a soft, griddled split-top roll – market rate