The ever-popular wrestling theatrics comes back to chocolate town, an afternoon of country, a corn hall tournament, a business expo and several events coming up at a local library. Here’s five things to do around Lebanon this weekend, along with other upcoming events.
- The very popular wrestling mania is coming back to Hershey. WWE LIVE returns to Giant Center Saturday, Sept. 24 for a 7:30 p.m. show. The night features advertised matches such as John Cena vs. A.J. Styles, as well as Dean Ambrose vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Bray Wyatt in a Triple Threat Match. Plus, see the rest of your WWE Superstars and more. Tickets are $102.85, $72.85, $57.85, $37.85, $27.85 and $17.85. For tickets and more information, visit www.hersheyentertainment.com.
- If you’re looking for day of pure classic country, you’ll want to head down to American Music Theatre. Leroy Van Dyke’s Country Gold Tour performs Sunday at 3 p.m. Van Dyke and his band are scheduled to make an appearance, as well as Moe Bandy, T. Graham Brown, T.G. Sheppard, David Frizzell and Mandy Barnett. Tickets are $59. For more information and tickets, visit https://amtshows.com/country-gold-tour/.
- A Corn Hole Tournament is coming up Saturday to benefit Lebanon County Special Olympics. The event is Saturday from noon to 4 p.m. at Quentin Carnival Grounds, located on the corner of Locust and Alden Lane in Quentin. The tournament will be double elimination with the top three winning teams receiving cash prizes. There will be beef and water and soda available for $10 and been-n-beer for $20. The tournament is $10 per person. For more information, call 272-1332 ext. 3, or email@example.com.
- The Lebanon Valley Chamber of Commerce’s Business Expo is Monday, Sept. 26 at the Lebanon Valley Expo Center. The day will feature exhibits from many area businesses and organizations, as well as nonprofits. You’ll also have a chance to win door prizes while learning about the businesses and organizations serving the Lebanon Valley. Admission is free. For more information, visit http://lvchamber.org, call 273-3737 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There are several events are coming up at Bethel-Tulpehocken Public Library. First it's Read to Snickers the Therapy Dog at 2 p.m., followed by Building with Blocks for youngsters at 6:30 p.m. Then Saturday it’s a home-schooling workshop, including the how, why and process. The event starts at 10 a.m. All programs require registration by calling 933-4060.
Other events coming up:
Who: Governor Dick Environmental Cener
What: Upcoming events
When: Saturday, Sept. 24 at 1 p.m. "Junior Naturalists: Weather Watchers,"; Sunday, Sept. 25, 1:30 p.m. "Senior Walkabout"; Sunday, Oct. 2, 9 a.m. - Fitness Hike; Sunday, Oct. 2, 1 to 4 p.m. Music on the Porch.
Cost: $5 for Junior Naturalists: Weather Watchers program.
Registration: Required by leaving a name and phone number. Call 964-3808 or email email@example.com
What: Ballroom dancing to the Lee Moyer Orchestra with interpretive dancer Debbie Joyner
When: Friday, Sept. 30 , 6 to 8 p.m.
Where: Quentin Riding Club Restaurant, Route 72 South at Route 419, Quentin, Pa.
Information: Open to members and the public - no cover charge
Who: Conestoga Log Cabins
What: Annual Fall Festival and Open House, 246 N. Lincoln Ave. in Lebanon.
When: Saturday, Oct. 1, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Registration/Information: Free at http://conestogalogcabins.com/schedule-a-tour/ or call 717-306-4490
Who: Lebanon Big Swing Band
What: Dance Party & Concert
When: Sunday, Oct. 2 from 3 to 5 p.m.
Where: Lebanon Senior Center, 710 Maple St., Lebanon
Cost: $5 donation supports Senior Center Activities
Information: Lee Moyer 717-272-6262
Who: Lebanon County Conservation District
What: Painting Fundraiser, “A Moo-velous Night of Painting”
When: Tuesday, Oct. 4. 1 to 4 p.m. for class one or 7 to 9:30 p.m. for class two.
Where: Brushstrokes on Canvas, 720 Quentin Road, Lebanon.
Cost: $35 per person (includes supplies, drinks, and snacks)
What: Second annual Sip & Stroll - Jazz, Wine, Beer, Food and Annville Businesses
When: Sunday, Sept. 25 from 1 to 4 p.m.
Where: Along the Quittapahilla at the Quittie Nature Park
Who: Isaac Meier Homestead, Inc.
What: Annual country fair
When: Saturday, Sept. 24 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Where: 524 S. College St. Route 501, Myerstown