Ladew Topiary Gardens in Monkton, Md., will host eight weeks of live music, from rock and roots to steel drums, at its summer concert series.
The Groovin’ in the Grass concerts will be 6-8 p.m. Sundays, June 19 through Aug. 7, on the two-acre lawn of the Great Bowl.
The schedule includes:
- June 19: The Crawdaddies, fusing Louisiana Cajun, zydeco, blues, roots rock and ska.
- June 26: Cara Kelly and the Tell Tale, a rootsy rock band with soaring harmonies and layered instrumentation.
- July 3: Trinidad & Tobago Baltimore Steel Orchestra, a dynamic 20-piece steel drum orchestra.
- July 10: Charm City Junction, Celtic melodies and hard-driving bluegrass with an acoustic quartet.
- July 17: What's Next, a classic rock group out of Baltimore.
- July 24: Don't Stop, a high-energy rock band.
- July 31: Tall in the Saddle, more classic rock.
- Aug. 7: Swampcandy, blues and Americana.
Picnics, blankets and lawn chairs are welcome. Refreshments, including alcoholic beverages, will be available for purchase from Manor Tavern. No pets, alcohol or athletic equipment.
Tickets are $15 for adults; $13 for students and seniors age 62 and over; $5 for children ages 2 to 12; $7 for Ladew members; free for children under 2. Tickets include music and admission to the gardens.
The 22-acre Ladew Topiary Gardens is located in northern Baltimore County at 3535 Jarrettsville Pike, Monkton, Md. Visit online at www.ladewgardens.com.