CHAMBERSBURG >> It's like a festive block party -- the June 6 Neighborhood Chefs Walk presented by Cumberland Valley School of Music.
From 4 to 7 p.m., the residential area of Alexander Avenue will be transformed into an outdoor food sampling party, with five entertainment stages offering a variety of musical styles.
Proceeds of this annual chef showcase benefit the nonprofit Cumberland Valley School of Music. This is the seventh year for the emerging-summer event.
Also planned are a silent auction and wine and beer tasting stations.
Seating is available.
Menu themes involve stylings that will suit foodies with a wide variety of tastes:
• Chef Tom Boock of The Cottage, dishes with Fat Tommy's sauces: Mango Habanero Chicken BBQ Sliders; Gold Fever Baked Beans; Cole Slaw; Hot Pretzel Nubs with Fat Tommy's Sweet Banana Mustard.
• Chef Grayson Bowman, Italian -- Pancetta-wrapped Shrimp stuffed with Gorgonzola; Italian Spinach Lasagna Roll Ups; Venetian Pasta and Italian Cheese with Lobster; Italian Meat and Cheese Squares.
• Chef Roger Tappen, Caribbean Delight -- includes Jerk Style Grilled Pork Strips; Lemon & Herb Tilapia; Coconut Rice & Shrimp; Grilled Island Vegetable Medley.
• Robin Volpe of Deli Brands of America, Reuben -- Tender Corned Beef Brisket, Swiss Cheese, Sauerkraut, 1000 Island Dressing on thick-sliced Rye Bread; Pastrami & Swiss – Smoky Pastrami Brisket served hot with Swiss Cheese on Marbled Rye Pumpernickel Bread; Roast Beef Crostini Round – Tender oven-roasted Top Round with a dollop of Horseradish Sauce on a toasted French bread round; Coleslaw with a Twist; Kosher Pickle Spear; NY Style Cheesecake with Chocolate Chip Topper; Rice Pudding Strawberry Shooter.
• Chef Melissa Young of Menno Haven, Southern Barbecue -- Pork BBQ on a Martin's Famous Potato Roll with Slaw; Craw Fish Boil with Corn, Potatoes & Sausage; Crispy Chicken & Biscuit with Spicy Mustard; Ginger Sweet Tea with Frozen Lemon & Mint; Smoked Potato Salad; Mini Pecan Pies.
• Chef Dave Munson, Dave's Fav's -- The Deli Table with Dill Potato Salad, Greek Slaw, Sweet Onion Vidilly's and Spicy Dill Pickles; Shrimp Remoulade Salad with Fulton Farm Greens; Pesto Torte and Cracker with a Roy Pitz Best Blonde Shandy; Grilled Breast of Chicken with Honey and Granola.
• Anne Schoenhofen of The Butcher Shoppe, Cupcakes! -- Almond Cherry Chip Cupcake with Cherry Chip Icing; Mint Chocolate Chip Cupcake with Mint Icing; Raspberry Swirl Cupcake with Raspberry & Lemon Curd Filling and Cream Cheese Icing; Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcake with White Buttercream Icing; White Cupcake with Strawberry Filling and Whipped Icing; Peanut Butter Cup Cupcake with Peanut Butter Icing; Sweet & Salty Cupcake with Pretzel and Peanut Butter Icing; Button Sugar Cookie Sticks; Fresh Fruit Cup with Fruit Dip.
• Mikie's Ice Cream will feature an old-fashioned ice cream stand.
Beer and wine tasting stations will offer products from the following vendors: Ace Distributors; Brewery Products' Herman Weimer Winery; Roy Pitz Brewery; Shade Mountain Winery and the Tuscarora Mountain Winery.
Musical performances are:
• A string quartet
• Singer Jessica Harney
• CVSM Sings Broadway
• Tenor sax, with CVSM student Cole Souders
• Marie Hershey & Company, accordions and mandolin
• Soleil, a trio
• Harpist Linda Kuckenbrod
• Guitar and flute duo
• CVSM New Horizons Band directed by Keith Smith
• Marlin Barnes at the marimba
• Park and Fields local rock duo
• Dave & Hannah Stephey acoustic rock
• Mountain Air modern folk group
• CASHS Jazz Band directed by Dave Wenerd
• CVSM Jazz Quartet
In addition, the Hub City Lindy Hop dancers will add to the day's entertainment.
Tickets cost $60 a person and can be reserved by calling 261-1220, or online at www.cvsmusic.org. Tickets are also available at The Butcher Shoppe, The Cottage Restaurant & Pub, Johnnie's Restaurant & Hotel Services, and the Norland Pub, all in Chambersburg. A limited number of tickets will be available at the event registration tables, to be located at the north and south ends of Alexander Avenue.
The street will be blocked to local traffic during the event. Parking will be available on side streets. The event will take place rain or shine.