Founded: 1764, incorporated 1803
Name origin: Named after Benjamin Chambers, the first white settler to build a log cabin and sawmill where the Falling Spring flows into the Conococheague Creek. In 1764, Chambers laid out the town on 523 acres.
Population: 20,268 (2010 census)
Borough office: 100 S. Second St., Chambersburg, Pa. 17201
Mayor: Darren Brown
Borough council: Allen B. Coffman, president; Heath E. Talhelm, vice president; Thomas L. Newcomer, finance chairman; Sharon A. Bigler, assistant finance chairman; William F. McLaughlin, John "Sean" A. Scott III; Elaine M. Swartz; Louisa "Lou" Cowles; Jeremy D. Cate and Bradley J. Elter.
Council meeting: Second and fourth Mondays of the month, 7 p.m., borough office.
Open records officer: Jamia Wright.