Create art to color the streets of downtown Chambersburg
CHAMBERSBURG >> In its third year, Downtown Chambersburg Inc.'s Downtown Mural Project encourages residents to get involved in adding color and creativity to public spaces in Chambersburg.
Residents of all ages may create individual murals that will be displayed at various outdoor locations throughout the fall and winter months.
More than 50 primed canvases (2-foot-by-4-foot plywood) have already been picked up by participants. A limited number of canvases are available; they are free of charge at Chambersburg Heritage Center, 100 Lincoln Way East. The deadline for submissions is Aug. 1.
Guidelines for murals:
• Must be the artist's individual work in design and execution.
• Work must be able to withstand outdoor display for about five months; two coats of marine grade primer are highly recommended.
• Work must be suitable for all ages.
• Committee has the right to determine the suitability of work.
• All mediums and themes are welcome.
The installation will be unveiled at the Sept. 4 First Friday event. Submissions will be photographed and posted on the Downtown Chambersburg Facebook page. Winners will be announced on Facebook Oct. 17.
For entry forms and more details, visit the Downtown Mural Project event page on Facebook, or call 717-264-7101, Ext. 207.