The Cumberland Valley's array of nature activities are endless. Here are organizations focused on outdoor recreational activities or conservation issues:
• All-State Miniature Horse and Donkey Club: Headquartered at Rocky Pine Acres, White Rock Road, Fayetteville.
Phone: President Melissa Foltz at 451-7613.
• Chambersburg Road Runners Club: The premier event each year is the Chambersburg Half-Marathon in spring.
• Conococheague Audubon Society: Local chapter of the National Audubon Society dedicated to birding and conservation.
• Cumberland Valley Ski Club: Draws members from Bedford, Cumberland, Franklin, Fulton, Huntington, and Perry counties.
• Falling Spring Chapter, Trout Unlimited: Club conducts streamside clean-up and stream projects and each year hosts a Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing Outing for wounded veterans.
• Keystone Trails Association: Headquartered in Harrisburg to preserve, protect, and promote hiking trails in Pennsylvania, and to advocate for the interests of the hiking community.
• Mountain Bikers of Michaux: Promotes trail creation, education and mountain biking in Michaux State Forest.
For ride locations:www.mtbmichaux.org
• Mountain Valley Riders Saddle Club: Headquartered in the Waynesboro area.
• Path Valley Saddle Club: Located at Hammond's Grove Picnic Grounds along Pa. 75 near Spring Run.
• Potomac Appalachian Trail Club, North Chapter: Leads group hikes and maintains regional trails from Pen Mar Park, Maryland, to Pine Grove Furnace State Park in Gardners. The club maintains shelters and cabins and conducts occasional backpacking trips.
• Tri-State Astronomers: Amateur astronomers host star parties for civic and educational groups and the public.