36th Mercersburg Townfest to be bigger than ever
MERCERSBURG >> The Tuscarora Area Chamber of Commerce presents the 36th Annual Mercersburg Townfest all day Saturday, Sept. 26.
This year's event promises to be bigger than ever with 110 art, jewelry, craft and community vendors lining East and West Seminary Street starting with Kids Karnival at Mercersburg Elementary School, crossing Park Street to the Presbyterian Church's Annual Breakfast, continuing with food vendors in the square and ending just past the First United Methodist Church's silent auction and the popular Townfest Amish doughnuts at the bottom of East Seminary Street.
Mercersburg Townfest has added a free shuttle running every 30 minutes between noon and 3 p.m. from the center of Townfest on the square to the Mercersburg Beer and Wine Festival. No reservations are needed to use the shuttle but riders will need a beer and wine festival ticket, available online at http://www.eventbrite.com/e/mercersburg-beer-wine-festival-tickets-15568620162.
Highlight of the day include:
• Kids Karnival at Mercersburg Elementary School, with a Whitetail rock wall, pony rides, a Shaggy Mountain Farm petting zoo, Mercersburg Montgomery Fire Company fire safety area, a bounce house, face painting and several vendors.
• Mercersburg Beer and Wine Festival – 12:30-4 p.m.at Mercersburg Park, 405 S. Park Ave.; for information visit http://mercersburgbeerandwinefestival.com.
• The food court on the square, offering barbecue, Thai food, fried treats, crab cakes, ice cream, kettle corn and more.
• DJ and trivia at the Irwin House on the square, with family trivia games and music all day.
• First United Methodist Church's fall festival with a silent auction offering more than 300 items with no minimum bids required: book nook, cave of wonders (jewelry), country store (homemade baked and canned items), sports shack, odds and olds, home decor and the holiday house featuring new and handmade Christmas, winter, Halloween, Thanksgiving and fall items. The auction closes in sections starting at 1 p.m.
• James Buchanan middle school and high school bands will play on the grass of the Presbyterian Church of the Upper West Conococheague, Park, street side: 10 a.m. middle school, 10:30 a.m. high school.
• Fendrick Library Book Sale – Fendrick Library, 20 N. Main St.; books-by-the-bag sale. www.fendricklibrary.org.