Kelly Clarkson, who has seemingly made a career out of breakup songs, is probably best known for the legendary breakup jam "Since U Been Gone."
She's performing July 11 at Hersheypark Stadium as part of her Piece by Piece Tour.
The music industry loves love. It's the topic of countless songs. But it's not always blissful romance inspiring chart-topping tracks. Just as popular as love songs are those tracks that help heal a broken heart.
What makes a good breakup song? There are sappy tunes; vengeful songs full of hate and other tracks disguised with upbeat rhythms and lyrics.
Below is my personal, arbitrary and unofficial top 10 list of breakup songs that transcend genres, generations and moods.
1. "Love Hurts" by Nazareth, 1976
2. "King of Wishful Thinking" by Go West, 1990
3. "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" by Taylor Swift, 2012
4. "Since U Been Gone" by Kelly Clarkson, 2004
5. "Always On My Mind" by Willie Nelson, 1982
6. "He Stopped Loving Her Today" by George Jones, 1980
7. "The Tracks of My Tears" by Smokey Robinson and The Miracles, 1965
8. "F**k It (I Don't Want You Back)" by Eamon, 2003
9. "Somebody That I Used to Know" by Gotye, 2011
10. "Mable" by Goldfinger, 1996
What: Kelly Clarkson's Piece By Piece Tour
When: 7 p.m. Saturday, July 11
Where: Hersheypark Stadium
Also performing: Special guests Pentatonix, Eric Hutchinson and Abi Ann
Cost: Tickets range in price from $25 to $99.50 and can be bought online at www.hersheyentertainment.com or by calling the box office at 717-534-3911
Fun fact: July 11 will mark the third time Clarkson has performed in Hershey. She last played at Giant Center in 2012.