HAGERSTOWN, MD >> The Texas Tenors on May 7 will conclude Maryland Symphony Orchestra's 2015-16 concert season.
But, whoa! Let's back up the truck.
Here are season highlights for the orchestra's 34th season in The Maryland Theatre, 27 S. Potomac St.
The season will open Sept. 19 with the return of the Classical Mystery Tour's Tribute to The Beatles. Dozens of Beatles tunes will be performed by four vocalists and the orchestra, exactly as they were originally recorded.
"We really make an effort to sound exactly like the originals," said Jim Owen, who conceived the show and performs as John Lennon. "The original score is exact, right down to every note and instrument that was on the original recording."
• Oct. 10, 11—Violinist Francisco Fullana performs as guest artist on Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky's Violin Concerto in D Major, Op. 35. The MSO will also perform Jean Sibelius' Symphony No. 2 in D Major, Op. 43.
• Nov. 7, 8 —Pianist Sara Davis Buechner, guest artist for Beethoven's Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major, Op. 58; MSO will also play "The Unanswered Question" by Charles Ives, Cindy McTee's "The Unquestioned Answer," and "Death and Transfiguration" by Richard Strauss.
• Dec. 12, 13 —"Home for the Holidays" will feature Christmas classics and a guest to be announced.
• Feb. 13, 14 — Semi-staged performances of Georges Bizet's opera, "Carmen," by MSO and the Hub Opera Ensemble.
• March 19, 20 — MSO principal oboist Fatma Daglar will be the guest artist as MSO performs Beethoven's Symphony No. 6, Op. 68 ("Pastoral") and Ralph Vaughan Williams' Concerto in A Minor for Oboe and Strings.
• April 9, 10 — Acclaimed pianist and leading Gershwin interpreter Thomas Pandolfi will play Gershwin's "Rhapsody in Blue" with the MSO; also the world premiere of a commissioned work by Grammy-nominated composer Christopher Theofanidis, "Dreamtime Ancestors," and Antonin Dvo ák's Symphony No. 9 in E minor "From the New World" Op. 95.
• May 7: The Texas Tenors in a one night only show, back by popular demand.
Tickets: All shows except The Texas Tenors are available now at www.marylandsymphony.org or by calling 301-797-4000, Ext. 101.
Check online for student ticket costs, VIP tickets and other discounts.