It’s easy to overlook “Game of Thrones” Season 6’s eighth episode titled “No One” with the hype for next week. The ninth episodes of every season are where all the action happens, and with what fans of the show know is coming next week, it’s easy to be distracted.
However, plenty of theories and plans are in the works this week, so keep your eyes on the prize and don’t look past this episode.
Prepare for “Game of Thrones” spoilers up to and including Season 6, Episode 8.
A girl is safe
- “A girl is Arya Stark of Winterfell, and I am going home.” Have more awesome words ever been spoken?
- Aside from the words, I like how “Game of Thrones” showed the return of the old Arya by doing her hairstyle similar to how she wore it in Season 1. It’s a small hint, but a great one for fans that helps emphasize the point.
- Something I hated about Arya in this episode: Getting stabbed in the stomach is one of the most painful injuries to suffer. How is she sprinting through the streets and eventually fighting a trained assassin when she shouldn’t even be walking?
Return of another Stark?
- Fans of the books and TV show alike have been watching the last few episodes hoping for Cleganebowl – a theory that will see The Hound face off against The Mountain sometime in the near future. In Episode 8, while we didn’t get Cleganebowl, you can’t help but think that the Lady Stoneheart storyline is now happening.
- (Book/Future Spoilers beware) Lady Stoneheart is a resurrected Catelyn Stark after Beric Dondarrion trades his life for hers. In the books, the Brotherhood without Banners finds Catelyn’s body floating in a river, and, in realizing his true meaning, Beric gives his life for Catelyn’s. With the group now reintroduced and near a river, don’t be surprised if the show reveals Lady Stoneheart in Episode 10.
- I’m not feeling too great about Tyrion’s chances in the near future. Between making Missandei joke and laugh and saying goodbye to Varys, there’s just too much of a good vibe going on. The show may just be teasing us like they have before with Tyrion, but something about this week didn’t sit well.
- I could watch The Mountain crush people all day. I’m super upset that trial by combat was outlawed this week. Can you imagine The Mountain fighting in a situation where you actually want him to win?
- Seriously, he ripped a dude’s head clear off his shoulders this week. How can you not root for that?
- I’m not sure what the “rumor” is between Qyburn and Cersei, but the elimination of trial by combat is a terrible ruling for her. I just hope the rumor is revealed before the end of the season.
- My hype cannot contain itself for Battle of the Bastards next week. Everyone, prepare yourselves.
- My prediction for BotB: Jon almost dies, but Sansa saves the day and kills Ramsey. Littlefinger’s forces save the Wildlings. Rickon is dead. The Umbers turn on Ramsey’s forces.