I can’t believe we have to wait ten more months for the next “Game of Thrones” episode.
One thing about the “Game of Thrones” Season 6 finale that I did not expect was how the bow didn’t leave any real cliffhangers like in previous seasons. It’s safe to say every storyline was wrapped up perfectly.
Prepare for all spoilers up to and including “Game of Thrones” Season 6, Episode 10, “The Winds of Winter.”
Biggest theory ever confirmed
- It was teased weeks ago, but the R+L=J theory has finally been confirmed. Jon is both Targaryen and Stark, even if only the fans and Bran know it. The question is, how does Bran get that information to people who really matter?
- I think Bran’s next step is to try and get to Meera’s father, Howland Reed, or the servant in the Tower of Joy scene to help confirm Jon being a Targaryen.
- How awesome was this theory being confirmed? Fans of the show have waited six years and book readers even longer for this moment. Nothing like a resolution to a theory years in the making.
Words can’t contain my hype for…
- Arya killing Walder Frey, totally unexpected but totally worth it (I mean, seriously, the producers just gave up on traveling across the world taking time)
- Cersei blowing the Sept of Baylor to the heavens
- Daenerys’ ships headed to Westeros
- Cersei becoming a villain again
- Dorne actually being part of the plot again in a sensible way
- Melisandre will return sooner than later. My bet is she'll show up in the Riverlands and work with the Brotherhood without Banners where we saw The Hound
- Benjen won't be seen from again.
- Sam has the secret to defeating the White Walkers
- Jaime is destined to kill Cersei
Rest in Peace…
- Margaery, the woman whose name I have a hard time spelling correctly and the most beautiful woman in the Seven Kingdoms
- Cersei’s sanity, because hell hath no fury like a woman whose children are all dead.
- Lancel Lannister, the almost-Jaime Lannister in more ways than one.
- Pycelle, a creepy dude deserved a creepy death.
- Daenerys and Daario’s relationship – poor Daario. I was really rooting for the underdog in this one.
- Any chance I have of eating pie again after realizing Arya chopped up Walder’s sons and put them in there. That’s some Cartman-style revenge there.
I have all the feels about…
- Davos’ tears. I knew that scene was coming and I still felt like “Game of Thrones” ripped out my heart.
- The face Sansa gave Littlefinger. He’s now become the #2 villain on the show with Cersei being #1. “Only a fool would trust Littlefinger.” Sansa may eat her words on that one, also, she totally just called her father a fool. #Ironic
- King of the North Pt. 2 – Not cool Jon. You could’ve easily said “Queen of the North” and pointed at Sansa, but nooooooo. Now you have to deal with your sister potentially stabbing you in the back.
- Slay Lyanna Slay! Who would've thought the smallest person in the room would have the biggest voice in the King of the North scene?
- Arya the killing machine – Arya and her private Westerosi Airlines jet can just go all over the Seven Kingdoms killing everyone on her list. How long until someone we actually like is caught up in those crosshairs?
- Cersei repeating the “shame, shame, shame” on Septa Unella. Legit brought chills down my spine. The most satisfying scene in television EVER.
- Seriously, do we have to wait another 10 whole months for another episode?!?
Anthony J. Machcinski is the Food and Drink reporter for the York Daily Record and FlipSidePA.com. His weekly reactions to “Game of Thrones” can be found on FlipSidePA.com. Follow him on Facebook and Twitter.