You don't need to spend a lot of money at the liquor store to have a holiday party. Just two bottles and a couple of mixers can make 10 drinks that will keep almost any guest happy. Sean Heisey
These seasonal spirits are perfect for your grown-up Halloween party or for curling up by the fireplace when the cold weather comes. Grab yourself a few simple ingredients and make a pitstop at the liquor store, because these drinks are ready to be mixed!
1. Spiced Cider Margarita
This spiced cider drink is a perfect mix of summer and fall into one chilled glass. Margarita lovers, feel free to cling onto your favorite warm weather drink a little while longer with blogger Belle Vie's fall twist on this classic. (Makes 2)
6 ounces apple cider
4 ounces silver tequila
2 ounces triple sec
Pinch of brown sugar
2 apple slices for garnish
1. Start by rimming your glass with brown sugar.
2. Next, add the apple cider, tequila, triple sec and lime juice into a cocktail shaker.
3. Add a little brown sugar into the mix and start shaking.
4. Finally, pour the concoction over ice into glasses and enjoy!
2. Hot Apple-Ginger Toddy
Who doesn't love a good hot toddy on a cold night? Pour this apple-ginger mix developed by mixologist Nora Maynard into your glass and snuggle up with your honey this fall. (Makes 2)
2 cups apple cider
2 ounces bourbon or dark rum
2 thin slices of fresh ginger
2 lemon slices
Drizzle of honey
Mulling spices to your liking (cinnamon sticks, whole cloves, allspice, nutmeg)
1. Add the cider, ginger and mulling spices into a saucepan over medium to low heat for 15 minutes.
2. Drizzle some honey into heat-safe glasses.
3. Pour the liquor and hot cider into your glasses.
3. Add a little squeeze of lemon, stir and enjoy!
3. Pumpkin Pie Martini
Cut yourself a slice of pumpkin pie, shake up this martini and settle in for a fall feast fit for a king thanks to this Food Network recipe. (Makes 2)
2 ounces pumpkin spice liqueur
1 ounce Kahlua
1 ounce butterscotch Schnapps
1 ounce half and half
Crushed graham crackers
1. Start by rimming your glass with crushed graham cracker.
2. Next add all your liquids into a shaker filled with ice and mix it up.
3. Pour the chilled drink into your prepared glass and get ready to sip some pumpkin bliss!
4. Candy Corn Cocktail
Calling all candy corn lovers! This drink was created in your honor and brought to you by Ms. Betty Crocker herself. Sip this candy corn concoction with friends at your next Halloween party, and hang on to the recipe, because they're going to want it. (Makes 3)
1 and a half cups vodka
1 cup candy corn
3/4 cup pineapple juice
1. Add your candy corn and vodka into a jar.
2. Seal the lid tightly and let it stand for at least four hours.
3. Once the four hours is up, place half a cup of infused vodka and one-fourth cup pineapple juice into a shaker with ice.
4. Shake it up and pour into a martini glass. Enjoy!
5. Black Widow Martini
Who doesn't want to freak out their friends by serving them a creepy black cocktail? This drink by blogger Hostess with the Mostess will add the perfect edge to any fall festivity. (Makes 1)
2 ounces of black vodka
Half ounce of Black Raspberry Liqueur
2 ounces blackberry or grape juice
1. Combine the vodka, liqueur and juice of your choice in a shaker with ice.
2. Mix it up, pour and enjoy!
3. (Optional) Garnish with a fake black spider or a black licorice stick.
Take these fall recipes and run with them.
Have an autumn cocktail party for friends or enjoy a cocktail solo while re-watching old horror flicks.
Either way, be sure to soak up (and drink up) fall while it lasts!