3 things to do around Franklin County this weekend
Hagerstown Ghost Tours
For centuries, local legends have surrounded the Jonathan Hager House in Hagerstown, Maryland - home to the founder of Hagerstown. For those who dare, candlelit Hager House Ghost Tours are being offered in City Park at the 18th century home, with special late-night tours on Halloween. Tours are being held at 9 p.m. on Friday and at 11 p.m. and midnight on Saturday. Register online by 4 p.m. the night before the tour for $5, or register on-site for $6. Space is limited.
Mark Anthony comes to Waynesboro
This Sunday, guests at Waynesboro Seventh-day Adventist Church are in for a treat! Celebrity chef Mark Anthony is scheduled to make an appearance, cooking up all sorts of healthy and delicious treats for attendees. While preparing the vegan meal for everyone who comes, he will also speak on topics such as weight loss, lowering cholesterol and increasing your energy through plant-based healthy nutrition. The event starts at 3 p.m. and is free and open to the public. Register by this Friday by calling 717-765-0441.
Franklin County Trick-or-Treat Nights
It’s time to get into the Halloween spirit! Bring the kids and the rest of the family out for Franklin County’s trick-or-treat nights where you can have a good time and get some candy, too.
• Chambersburg Borough (Saturday, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.) - The Downtown Business Council will host “Trick or Treat on Main Street and a Costume Contest, which will be held at the Courthouse Plaza on the square.
• Shippensburg (Saturday, 6-8 p.m.) - The township will host a trick-or-treat night.
• Greene Township (Saturday 6-8 p.m.) - The township will host a trick-or-treat night.
• Southampton Township (Franklin) (Saturday, 6-8 p.m.) - The township will host a trick-or-treat night, but a Fall Fest will take place from 6-8 p.m. on Friday in the township building on Municipal Drive.
• Mercersburg (Saturday, 5-7 p.m.) - The township will host a trick-or-treat night.