7th Neighborhood Chefs Walk planned June 6
CHAMBERSBURG >> The area's top chefs will line up along Alexander Avenue from 4 to 7 p.m. June 6 for the seventh Neighborhood Chefs Walk.
The event hosted by Cumberland Valley School of Music will feature eight food stations and five live entertainment stages showcasing various styles of music. There will also be wine and beer tasting and a silent auction.
Each station will have a different theme:
• Chef Roger Tappen: Caribbean Delight includes: jerk style grilled pork strips; lemon and herb tilapia; coconut rice and shrimp; grilled island vegetable medley;
• Chef Tom Boock, The Cottage: featuring Fat Tommy's sauces; mango habanero chicken bbq sliders; Gold Fever baked beans; cole slaw; hot pretzel nubs with Fat Tommy's sweet banana mustard;
• Chef Grayson Bowman: Italian menu featuring pancetta-wrapped shrimp stuffed with gorgonzola; Italian spinach lasagna roll ups; venetian pasta and Italian cheese with lobster; Italian meat and cheese squares;
• Chef Melissa Young of Menno Haven: Southern barbecue offerings: pork BBQ on a Martin's Famous potato roll with slaw; craw fish boil with corn, potatoes and sausage; crispy chicken and biscuit with spicy mustard; ginger sweet tea with frozen lemon and mint; smoked potato salad; mini pecan pies;
• Chef Dave Munson: "Dave's Fav's" include The Deli Table with dill potato salad, Greek slaw, sweet onion vidilly's and spicy dill pickles; shrimp remoulade salad with Fulton Farm greens; pesto torte and cracker with a Roy Pitz Best Blonde Shandy; grilled breast of chicken with honey and granola;
• Anne Schoenhofen of The Butcher Shoppe: Cupcakes! Featured will be: almond cherry chip cupcake with cherry chip icing; mint chocolate chip cupcake with mint icing; raspberry swirl cupcake with raspberry and lemon curd filling and cream cheese icing; chocolate chip cookie dough cupcake with white buttercream icing; white cupcake with strawberry filling and whipped icing; peanut butter cup cupcake with peanut butter icing; sweet & salty cupcake with pretzel and peanut butter icing; button sugar cookie sticks; fresh fruit cup with fruit dip;
• and Robin Volpe of Deli Brands of America: Reuben – tender corned beef brisket, swiss cheese, sauerkraut, 1000 Island dressing on thick-sliced rye bread; pastrami & swiss – smoky pastrami brisket served hot with swiss cheese on marbled rye pumpernickel bread; roast beef crostini round – tender oven-roasted top round with a dollop of horseradish sauce on a toasted french bread round; coleslaw with a twist; kosher pickle spear; NY style cheesecake with chocolate chip topper; rice pudding strawberry shooter.
Mikie's Ice Cream, Greencastle, will also have a stand.
Beer and wine tasting stations will offer products from the following vendors: Ace Distributors; Brewery Products' Herman Weimer Winery; Roy Pitz Brewery; Shade Mountain Winery and the Tuscarora Mountain Winery.
Tickets cost $60 a person. To reserve or buy tickets, call 261-1220 or go to www.cvsmusic.org. Tickets are also available at The Butcher Shoppe, The Cottage Restaurant & Pub, Johnnie's Restaurant & Hotel Services, and the Norland Pub.
A limited number of tickets will be available at the event registration tables located at the north and south ends of Alexander Avenue. Alexander Avenue will be blocked to local traffic. Parking is available on side streets.